Friday, April 23, 2010

April, 2010: jn3 Current Projects, part 3


So, the television stand will be installed this weekend. In the meantime I've been working on those candle holders. I'd be done with them by now (and the television stand would already be installed) but my wife's doctor found a blood clot in her left leg and she spent the last three days at Arlington Memorial Hospital in Arlington, Texas. Never fear... all is well now, or as close as can be expected. She is taking blood thinners and is expecting to go back to work Tuesday, April 26.

Here's the progress I have made on the candle holders, including two which are nearing completion:

Every woodworker you ever meet will agree that you can never have too many clamps. If I had more small and medium sized clamps like these I could glue up more candle holders at the same time. That would be spiffy!!!

These will be finished in a couple of days. This summer I will be building several bookcases for my wife's classroom. That project, among others, will occupy much of my time in the shop over the next few months. I just can't wait to get started.












No comments: