1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
My shop is Barbsgarden and I sell fine art.
2. What is your shop URL?
3. When did you start selling on Etsy?
About 2 years ago.
4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
I like the low fees and all the people I have met.
5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I am afraid that I love all my items, because they are painted with love.
6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Each piece that I create was done from some experience I have had. I mainly paint from photos I shoot. I love it when the piece I am doing comes together. I guess my bayou paintings are my favorites. I have always loved the mysterious bayous.
7. What teams do you belong to and what do you like most about them?
Design Style Guide, Etsy Texas Crafters, DAWG (Designing Artists Women's Group), WWAO and EBSQ. I have met so many wonderful caring people online in the groups. They are artists of some kind and we can relate.
8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
That is one of my major problems. I am not good with promoting myself. I am trying to do that more as I started a blog and am posting every day.
9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
Oh, I have found soaps, earrings and bunches of items I would like to trade with. RoseofSharonAcres.etsy.com for soaps. Monica is a gem. Leisab.etsy.com for jewelry. I like to trade and we traded their items for my art. Everyone won.
10. What do you do in your spare time?
I like to spend time with my husband, family and friends. I also like to read. We travel and play board games and have cook outs and watch baseball. My grandsons play baseball and that means lots of tournaments.
11. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Life is short so make each day count. Do something for someone.