Sunday, October 19, 2008

Arline Ostolaza: Featured Artist from Design Style Guide


Arline Ostolaza is a member of Design Style Guide. She is one of the more gifted artists I have come across in a number of years. She is a woman of few words, at least in my experience, but her art speaks volumes.

Arline Ostolaza is my Featured Artist.


1. Hello, Arline. What is your shop name?

ArlineArts.


2. What is your shop URL?

(I'm working on a website (www.arlinearts.com), which will link to imagekind.


3. When did you start selling online?

Can't say exactly when.  However, it hasn't been much more than a month.


4. What is your favorite thing about selling online?

I don't have to concern myself with shipping problems.


5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?

I've always enjoyed all aspects of art-making, and I particularly enjoy drawing.

6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?

My computer.  It allows me to explore the work of other artists here and abroad, and supplies invaluable information in this regard.


7. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?

Visiting museums and galleries via the computer.


8. What are some of your favorite things about other sellers online?

Unusual points of view in the works of other artists.


9. What do you do in your spare time?

I read a great deal, visit museums/galleries, botanical gardens, zoos, I exercise, and I cook for family and friends.


10. Do you have anything else you would like to share?

I'm having my art work redone in order to offer larger prints of my work to the public.

1 comment:

paint1chris said...

She does great work, Jay. Short and sweet interview.