Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Clamp Rack


I installed this small project today. I had some time to kill, and I needed a place for my large clamps. I used to hang them from a rafter near the back of the building, but since I installed the assembly table my head will be occupying some of that space whenever I use my drill press. I was hanging them on my lumber rack for the past week or so, but that can't continue forever.

So I built this. It took about 20 minutes to put it together. I built it out of 2x4s and 3/4 plywood, with 2 inch deck screws holding it all together. It's not very big, but it doesn't have to be. I don't own that many large clamps because most of my projects are small. This holds all of my current collection and gives me plenty of room to grow.

My smaller clamps now hang from the afore mentioned rafter. I'm not tall enough to bump into those. Now I just need a lot more clamps.

No comments: